Chronic Sinus and Allergy Relief Tips
Here are some tips to help those who suffer from sinus and allergy problems.
- Keep Your Windows Shut: Pollen grains are the main allergens that blow in the spring. Keep your doors and windows shut, especially during the early hours. Run the air conditioner instead. However, make sure to change the old filters to eliminate dust, pollen and mold. Installing an air purifier with a HEPA filter will also help to remove allergens from the interiors.
- Check Your Surroundings: Check the pollen count by visiting weather sites or through local morning news and try to stay inside if the count is high.
- Wear Sunglasses: Wear sunglasses to help protect your eyes from irritation.
- Eat Healthily: Eating omega-3 fatty acids will prevent the development of hay fever. Alternatively, you can take probiotic and omega-3 supplements. Through Nutrition Response Testing, we can test each supplement and get the correct dose for your individualized nutritional needs. Also, decrease the intake of sugar, which will decrease sinus inflammation.
- Leave Your Shoes Outside: This will help prevent the spread of pollens and other allergens all over your home. You may also want to take a bath after arriving home to remain free from pollen grains.
If you need assistance with your sinus/allergy needs, please call Covenant Natural Health Care to get tested for the appropriate supplements.