Peanut butter and jelly is a kid favorite (ok, ok, and an adult favorite—it brings out my inner child). Most peanut butter & jelly brands are loaded with sugar and preservatives, so here's a way to up the nutritional value for your kid's lunch or a healthy, high-protein, mid-day snack for you.
• Organic, unsalted peanuts (or a jar of no-sugar, organic peanut butter)
• Cold pressed olive oil
• 2 slices of Ezekiel Bread
• Fresh or frozen fruit with no sugar added
• Flax seed
• Grind up the peanuts with a little olive oil in a food processor or blender until desired consistency is reached
• Spread PB on both slices of Ezekiel bread (or other healthy bread choice that contains no sugar)
• Top with fresh sliced berries, or a couple tablespoons of drained frozen fruit
• Sprinkle with flax seed
• Cut sandwich in half and enjoy!