Stress is something that many of us experience on a weekly or even a daily basis. And, if not taking care of, will cause our health to decline. It can intensify symptoms we already have, cause us to gain or lose weight, make it difficult to sleep, or just extinguish the joy we have in life.
The good news is that stress can be defeated—it may take some time, but today is a good day to start implementing these 5 tips:
• Eat healthy. A good, nutritionally sound diet with lots of fruits and vegetables and protein is sure to help boost the immune system, emotional health, and give you energy.
• Exercise. Even if it's a 10 minute walk, the fresh air will alleviate tension in the body.
• Simplify. Find ways to clear the calendar. Our culture is consumed with being busy 24/7 and it's having detrimental effects on our physical health
• Sleep. Regardless of what people say, it is not overrated. I used to say, I'll sleep when I'm dead— I take it back! We all need a solid 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night to refresh our bodies.
• Pray. There is peace to be found when we take our burdens to the cross.
Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.—Matthew 11:28
If you're stressed, it's time to take back the joy that stress squashes. Take it one day at a time and don't worry about tomorrow. Getting rid of stress is essential for optimal health!
Have a blessed day.